October 1, 2007

Happy October!

October is here and Fall is in the air. Pets will soon be blessed and the pumpkins are on the way. And what a great way to say good-bye to Summer yesterday. We were fed spiritually then physically before taking on volleyball, horse shoes, football, Scrabble and the big hit - Pictionary!

I was reminded of how blessed we are to finally be home. I was also reminded of the people we love who are not here with us. I thought of those who are yet to come. It was a day of mixed emotions for me. I drove away from the church giving God thanks and praise that we are home.

The vision of this church is bold! It it also old. It is one of the things that attracted me to Holy Cross MCC. My prayer is that God will draw to our church the people who are needed to move us closer to God's vision...and that as we work together we learn to love and care for each other even more.

Thanks to everyone who made yesterday such a good time. Please continue to pray for God's dominion to come and God's will to be done.

No comments: